Welcome to one of the most boring and pointless blogs you will ever read. I have no idea what you are doing here. I have nothing to offer the world besides a bunch of sentences that begin with “I”. I suggest you leave now and never come back.
Still reading? Ok. I have about 1,075 bookmarked recipes. I just did a rough count. That does not include the 24 dinner party menus I’ve bookmarked in separate folders.
This is not a blog about trying to cook through all of those bookmarks. It’s impossible. A futile task. The queue will always be endless. But today, on August 20th, these 12 links are at the top of my queue. Here’s why:
- Baked Grapefruit with Meringue – A Thought For Food I’ve been making a lot of ice cream lately. I have some pistachio ice cream base chilling right now, BTW. So I have lots of egg whites to use up. I even bought a grapefruit this afternoon. There is a good chance I will actually make this one!
- Recipe: Cheesy Potato Breakfast Casserole with Cheddar & Tomatoes Recipes from the Kitchn | The Kitchn I’m a sucker for a casserole, especially at breakfast. I don’t have any normal potatoes though so the odds aren’t good on this one.
- Creamy Pumpkin Potato Salad I kind of hate pumpkin so I’m not entirely sure why I’m so intrigued by this recipe. I guess it’s so unusual that I might overcome my hatred of pumpkin to try it, but the odds aren’t good.
- Foodie Relations: Mojo de Ajo This is one of those recipes that will sit at the top of my list for a year before I finally make it. And when I do I will love it I’m sure. The odds are great on this one…if you can wait a year or two.
- Jalapeno Popper Fettuccine Alfredo | Chocolate Moosey One of those pinterest style recipes that make you feel a little bit trashy for pinning but sound so comforting that you know you have to try them anyway. I haven’t pulled the trigger on it yet because I don’t normally stock cream cheese. I have mascarpone, but I’m not sure it would work. And I just used up my jalapenos yesterday. Odds not good.
- Pressed Picnic Sandwiches – The Crepes of Wrath I’ll be honest, I put this in the queue because I wasn’t sure where to categorize it in my elaborate bookmark folder system. I don’t make a lot of sandwiches and I don’t go on many picnics. And I would have to buy 90% of the necessary ingredients to make it. Worst odds of them all.
- Orange Pistachio Muffins Recipe | mostly foodstuffs Hubby loves pistachio. And muffins. And I’ve baked 3 batches of muffins in the last week. We will either be muffin-ed out and I won’t make them, or I absolutely will.
- Brown Sugar Meringue Crisps | The Half-Naked Housewife Again, I need to use up egg whites. Not super excited about this otherwise. And I’m out of brown sugar.
- Had [Red Pepper and Bulgur Soup] | Zahlicious This I will make but in a heavily modified version to use up some bell peppers and the measly little bit of bulgar left in the bottom of a big jar.
- Emily Bites – Weight Watchers Friendly Recipes: Pizza Logs I am not on weight watchers. Very happy with my weight, thank you. But the idea of fattening this up is very appealing. I love to reverse diet food. And vegan food. Kind of a side note, but I always think it’s worth it to read a vegan recipe even though I would never make one as written…they combine things I never would have thought of.
- A Bowl of Red recipe on Food52.com This has been on my list for quite awhile. It should be at the top…except for all the things I would have to buy to make it. But I’ll get there someday.
- Homemade Milano Cookies » The Live-In Kitchen One more way to use up egg whites. Probably the tastiest way. Odds are good.
I’ll let you know if I make any of them. I’ll even post pictures.