Two posts today. First, because I like completion, a follow up from queue number one. Here is the breakdown of what got made and what didn’t:
- Baked Grapefruit with Meringue: Made it and loved it!
- Cheesy Potato Breakfast Casserole with Cheddar & Tomatoes: Nope, kind of forgot about this one, back to the bottom!
- Creamy Pumpkin Potato Salad: The more times I read the recipe the less I thought I would like it. I’m still intrigued, but I don’t feel like taking the risk of wasting all the ingredients right now.
- Mojo de Ajo: I will make this…but not yet, maybe I need to start a back-burner queue!
- Jalapeno Popper Fettuccine Alfredo: Did not make and don’t plan to. Reading the cooking instructions on this recipe made me realize that if I wanted something-Alfredo I was going to make a proper Alfredo sauce, and this recipe just didn’t cut it for me.
- Pressed Picnic Sandwiches: Every time I’m at the deli now I’m looking for quality Italian meats, when I find some I’ll make this for sure. Back-burner.
- Orange Pistachio Muffins: Nope, maybe someday, but I’ve made a lot of muffins lately…
- Brown Sugar Meringue Crisps: I froze the egg whites in question so I don’t think I’ll bother with these right now. Also, did you know about using egg whites to clarify stock? Ask me sometime 🙂
- Red Pepper and Bulgur Soup: I did make this, although it looked nothing like the recipe by the time I was done. It was spicy and good, but not especially memorable. One of those ‘dinner soups’ that hubby and I eat for a couple days but don’t want to eat again after.
- Pizza Logs: Nope, lost any interest in these. Probably won’t even keep the bookmark.
- A Bowl of Red Chili: I was so psyched to finally make this one. My parents were coming over for dinner and it seemed like the perfect excuse. I thought it was delicious, but hubby likes beans in his chili.
- Homemade Milano Cookies: Nope. Maybe sometime, I’m not in a hurry.
So, 3/12. Oh well, on to the next.